Monday 23 September 2019

Introduction to a Poor College Student.

Trying to write an introduction about yourself is difficult. Especially difficult if all you do with your life is go to college and watch Netflix, not much else I could possibly write about.

I'm Ingrida and welcome to my uninteresting blog.

Over the past several days I have wasted my 'precious days' sitting in bed playing Stardew Valley non-stop. Exciting isn't it? I have now spent more hours working on my farm than I have working on trying to get my life together. Besides Netflix and Stardew, I also have a big interest in photography and video editing.

In September 2017, I visited my grandparents in Russia. This was the first time I had gone to Russia in roughly 10+ years. During this visit, my grandad gifted me his old 35mm film camera - the same camera he used when he was younger. This helped me begin my film photography interest. Over the summer I have bought film and developed many photographs.

Here are a few of my favorite 35mm film photographs, and if you'd like to see more you can follow my Instagram photography page!

(Gydnia Beach in Poland, 2019)

(Cavan Cathedral as seen through nearby houses, 2019)

(Gydnia Beach in Poland, 2019)

As well as film photography, I also enjoy digital photography. One of my favorite modules in first year was photography. Since I had never been in a studio before it was interesting to learn how to properly set up equipment and use the studio to your full advantage. Another thing I enjoyed about the module was the Photoshop assignments. Learning how to manipulate photographs in your favor, how to edit photographs and make them into something new.

Video editing is tricky business. It takes patience (something I do not usually have) and time. I discovered I liked editing a couple of years back when I begun filming uninteresting, makes no sense type of YouTube videos. And so that's when I realised I'd like to do this as a career someday.

In case anyone would like to subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Throughout the year I hope I become a far more interesting person as this post has truly made me realise how vanilla of a person I really am.

That's all folks

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ingrida !

    I know the feeling of wasting time on games, I've currently spend 320 hours on Sims 3 (even play it in lectures too, I might be addicted haha). Anyway onto the actual blog, I really like it. It's written well, easy to read and hard to lose your place in it ! Your photography work is amazing, I really like it, I think it was great idea to link your Instagram and YouTube ! Overall I think your blog is off to a great start, can;t wait to read it in the future.

    Now I'm off to play the sims 3 again.

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ingrida!

    I think it's really cool that your grandad gifted you something so special to him and that you're putting it to use. I have also worked with film so I know that feeling you have when an image comes out well. I really like the images you chose.

    I also checked out your Instagram and Youtube, I really like your editing style and look forward to seeing how it develops as we go on in our course. Nothing about your blog would paint you as "vanilla", it showcases a variety of interesting skills. Overall you have a great blog!

    -Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ingrida,

    First of all - wow! Your Youtube content is fantastic. I actually had to rewind the start of the Malta video where you cut from the hotel door to the prominade. Amazing edit. Did you use masking? And did you colour grade the footage? It looks great. Colour grading is still one of the aspects that I find most difficult about editing. Anyway, you have one new subscriber! (Two actually because I just can't help having a ridiculous amount of accounts) I love videography and editing as well, and I'd love to see more of your work!

    I have such respect for people who take up film photography. The skill is so valuable to have - to make sure you get the shot first time around. I'm definitely guilty of pointing and holding down the shutter and picking the best one later. Have you gotten to use a Dark Room yourself? That's definitely on my bucket list, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

    I don't think you need to become a more interesting person over the year. You have shown that you are a remarkably creative person, and you exude a charisma that is anything but vanilla. I'm really happy I got to read your blog, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your creative pursuits.

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  4. well a good day to you Ingrida,

    I must say that your life does sound very interesting indeed, I mean to take care of such a carefully made farm is hard work and to know what exactly to watch on Netflix is a must now a days. I must say that you have a very nice method in photography and I really like the use of colour and positioning the subject themes to the imagery and I enjoy to see more of it. I will also have a look into your youtube channel to see what you have created.

    My hat goes off to you and i look forward to reading more of your blogs.
    Cheerio!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ingrida, I have just read through your blog introduction and I really enjoyed reading and learning all about you. Much like you I really enjoyed photography in my first year of college as it was my real first time getting to learn all about the ins and outs of all the programs. I never knew you owned a youtube channel and produced videos for it, I find that interesting and may take a look myself. I look forward to reading the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ingrida, I really enjoyed your blog and the way that it is laid out. I also really enjoy photography so it was cool to see the images you took. Thats so cool that you have a youtube channel I would love to make one but just wouldnt have the confidence. This blog post was very interesting and dont feel bad for just watching netflix we all do it haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ingrida! okay so we had talked about you liking film and photography but i had no idea about the backstory behind it! that i the cutest story about a camera i have ever read and probably ever will read with my own two eyes so thank you for that

    treat that camera well
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ingrida,

    I have never played Stardew Valley but my friend has told me about it before. I would love to go and see Russia at some stage in my life. Would you recommend anywhere to visit? I wasn’t the biggest fan of the photography module last year but it’s good to hear you enjoyed it. I wish you good luck on becoming a more interesting person over the year.

    I look forward to reading your future blogs.

    -Ciaran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ingrida,

    Really cool to hear about your photography and video editing interests, I too love both of those, and although I may not be great at them, I have high appreciation and respect for those who are. The photos you sampled are amazing! I've never looked into film photography that much, but I definitely need to start after seeing what can be done!

    Keep it up :)

    BLC Blogging

    ReplyDelete