Sunday 29 September 2019

Unity Tutorial 01

From watching the Unity tutorials I have learnt many of the basics used in the programme. At first view it seems to be overwhelming with different tabs, names and everything in-between. From tutorial one we are shown quite a lot of the basics needed for the programme and the small tools we will need in the future. This is very helpful as the programme is new to me and will take time to get used to. I would really recommend to bookmark this tutorial for future reference in case you forget any of the basics!

While watching this video you learn some simple techniques that could be very beneficial later on when designing your first game. Something I learnt that I found useful (although it may seem strange), is by placing a cube and setting the axis to 0,0,0 places it in the very centre of the game. This will be helpful when placing objects later on because you are made aware of where the centre is. Another thing I found useful was the 'box collider' as it will be good to know how to use it/turn it on/off later on.

In the beginning I was quite intimidated to try Unity but after watching the tutorials and trying it out myself it was quite easy, yet I knew in the coming weeks it would become far more difficult. But I look forward to working with Unity and trying out new techniques etc!

My Unity3D Work.

No comments:

Post a Comment