Sunday 24 November 2019

Unity Free Tutorials

I used this tutorial to add background music to my game so when you start to play the game you will hear eerie music which will continue till the game ends.

I then added a splash screen by following this tutorial. I created a simple logo of my game name and my student number. I then added a fade-in fade-out animation which then brings you to the main menu.

Splash Screen.

These two tutorials were extremely simple to follow and adds more to my game. I used a copyright free audio from online to add to my game as I thought adding eerie music would be interesting and make the game more exciting to play while you walk around and collect gems. 

The splash screen was also easy to make and I think it looks simple but nice. The red on the logo matches the red skybox in the game. As of now I currently have a splash screen, main menu and game over screen in my game.

The only things I have left to do in order to complete my game is to add a timer and a gem counter which has proven to be difficult in the past however I am very determined to make it work in my game! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ingrida,

    I love the attention to detail you've been implementing into your game- adding background music and adding a splash screen to your game gives it a sense of polish and aesthetic which I really appreciate.

    Have you looked at tutorials and existing script to implement the final features to your game? I would suggest looking up tutorials with assets and scripts ready to download such as the Jimmy Vegas tutorials. Since we've been following his tutorials for the Unity tutorials he should be easy to follow but theres lots of other great tutorials out there for you to try out!

    Cant wait to see your final game!

    All the best,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete