Sunday 27 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Logo. (Source)

In this weeks Unity Tutorial I learnt how to make a skybox, change lighting, create wind, weapons to pick up, fade screens, fixing bugs and adding a house to our world.

The skybox tutorial was very important in my opinion as I had been thinking of changing the skybox to fit a more eerie and dark theme to my game. The tutorial was easy to follow and gave me a chance to learn about adding skyboxes to my own game. In the tutorial we were shown how to use lighting. This is incredibly useful for me because I wanted to add darkness and a flashlight to my game, and now from this tutorial I am able to do so! Another thing I learnt from the tutorial was how to add wind. This may not be applicable to my game as I was thinking of creating it in a dark skybox however it was good to learn how to add such elements to games.

In the second tutorial we are shown how to make a collectable weapon rather than starting out with a weapon in hand. After much consideration, I have decided not to include enemies or weapons in my own game, meaning this tutorial was not very useful for me. I do think it's a great feature to have in a game, it makes a game more eventful as you are not supplied instantly with a weapon and have to go on a hunt to find one yourself! Secondly we learnt how to make a fade in screen. This is a nice touch to the game. Because I will be trying to create an opening screen to the game the fade in gives the game a nice element rather than starting the game abruptly. Despite the fact that this includes C#, it was not as difficult to create as I imagined and I am very exciting to add this element to my own game.

After making a fade out screen in the next tutorial we learnt how to make a fade out screen too. I'm glad to be learning how to create fade screens seeing as I will be needing them in my own game. In this moment in time I am not quite sure whether I would like to include a house in my own game. I believe it would add better gameplay to the game however I am not quite sure if I would have enough time to create it.

No comments:

Post a Comment