Saturday 23 November 2019

Alpha

I am currently doing quite well in completing my game. I have added all the assets I wanted and have styled the game to fit my chosen aesthetic. However I have come across some difficulties. While the game itself works perfectly and the terrain is set as planned - the gem scoring system is not working. I found a great tutorial on how to create a scoring system - this tutorial - however no matter what I did the system simply did not work.

I now have added a main menu screen, am creating my "Game Over" screen and have changed and finished my terrain. The area is now complete and fenced off. It is ready to play!

Current Terrain.

Game Over Screen.

I am now almost finished my game, however I have yet to add a countdown timer, add the end screen and add some music to my game. So far I think I am doing well aside from the bug for the scoreboard however I am determined to make it work!

3 comments:

  1. well a good day to you Ingridia.

    Well,well,well I must say that you game has come along quite nicely and that you have a very intricately made world from you game of Dead sky (I am a bit behind on that but Very well done indeed). My one question that I have is, is it a specific amount of time that you would have set for each round while you are searching for items and defeating enemies because it would be interesting to ramp up the difficulty when you get further into the game. I don't have any thing to add to your project as I think that you have a very clear and very well executed game here. A very well done and I wish you all the best with adding the finishing pieces.

    Cheerio!!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ingrida,

    Looks like you're progressing so well! You've been so organised, and I think it really shows in your product.

    If I may ask, are there any obstacles in the way of the player that makes it difficult to collect the gems? Even if there are no enemies, are there puzzles or obstructions to add a challenge?

    One suggestion I would have would be to add some light sources, either in the overworld or attached to the player, eg. a torch. It may be my monitor brightness, but it appears that the game is a tad dark - a problem that I had as well. For me, I could bump up the intensity of the directional light. But I understand that you have a darker theme to your game, so a light source may add some additional light, and add to the immersion to the world.

    Well Done!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ingrida,
    glad your game is going well! its great that you were able to get your main screen and game over screen as well!
    is there another tutorial that you can use for the scoring system? if so can you let me know?
    what music do you plan on using in your game?
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete