Wednesday 19 February 2020

Unity Tutorial 04

We have now gone onto starting a new game tutorial. I have stuck with coding versus the VR tutorials and I must say that the coding is going well so far and I am somewhat enjoying it! Aside from my problems earlier on with the coding, now I don't mind it. We are now moving onto Unit 2 - Basic Gameplay.

Lesson 2.1 Player Positioning:

Starting this tutorial proved difficult as at the very beginning my game begun glitching. It wouldn't be the first time I've experienced problems with Unity on my Mac (if only my Mac could handle Unity...), but I went ahead and tried to complete the tutorial nonetheless. The tutorial worked fine aside from the problem of having my character go left then appear on the right - rather than keep in the bounds of the left!

Unity Tutorial 2.1

Lesson 2.2 Food fight:

In this tutorial, I made the Spacebar that launches a projectile prefab into the scene, which destroys itself when it leaves the game’s boundaries. I then coded so that when the animals leave the game boundaries they are removed from the scene. Because some of the script is Windows and some is Mac, this causes some minor errors in my game (hence the glitching).

Unity Tutorial 2.2

Lesson 2.3 Random Animal Stampede:
In this last tutorial, we added random spawning of animals in different directions when the player presses the S button. In an earlier tutorial we made the piece of steak launch when pressed. So now in the game the player is able to spawn animals and launch steak. We also learnt about camera perspective and the different types of view. In the second image we can see the orthographic perspective of the game. Depending on the game you are creating you can add this perspective. 

Unity Tutorial 2.3

Orthographic Perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment