Wednesday 19 February 2020

Reading 4

After finding a few online articles and sources about Progression Mechanics I was able to write up part one of my Matrix. As progression mechanics are quite straightforward there is not much I can write about. I have written up on my Matrix the sources and information I have collected so far.
My Matrix Part One.

Game progression is the ongoing procedures after the game's set-up, leading to a desired resolution. You can track progress with scores, levels, improved skills or abilities etc. There are many different ways to make a progression more engaging - character development, provide consistency, add a strategic component etc. 

My second topic is Tactical Manoeuvring Mechanics. Tactics are actions carefully planned to achieve a goal or subgoal. This goes hand-in-hand with game progression mechanics. Units are groups of elements under the player's control that lets them perform actions that influence the game world that they are playing. For gaming you need enemies, avatars and units hinder the players quest to complete their goals. To add an enemy you must consider: number, placement, abilities, tactics to overcome etc. Not only will you want to add enemies but you need bosses - a more powerful enemy for the player to overcome before they reach a certain goal in the game.
My Matrix Part Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment