Saturday 12 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 03

In this tutorial I learnt how to use Unity in order to create an animated clock. When starting this tutorial I was surprised that it was in a text post style rather than the usual video tutorials. The tutorial itself was simple to follow in the beginning. I had some difficulty following at times because I work better with visuals rather than words and there were not many images provided to help show you how to progress with the tutorial. Nonetheless, I was able to complete it.

When I came to the coding side of the tutorial I had some trouble. I find C# quite frustrating at times because I am not able to wrap my head around it. After sending quite a while, more than I would like to admit, I finally got the hang of it. After re-reading the tutorial and deleting many codes I was able to complete the tutorial and get the clock working.

It's very fulfilling completing a tutorial and having your game object work. I am happy with the outcome of the clock! Even though I do not think I will be using a clock in my final game I think it was beneficial to learn how to make it and use the tools provided in Unity.

Progress in designing a clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment