Tuesday 12 November 2019

First Playable

So far I am making good progress with my game. I have finished the forest area of my game which included several collectable gems that make a sound, rotate and disappear when walked over. I have finished the fenced off area in my game which include the same gems but in another color. So far my game is going according to my initial plan and I'm happy with how it's coming along.

Forest Area and Fenced Area.

I have also included a first person playable character. They begin the game in the middle of the four areas and choose themselves where to go first. Each of the four open areas has a gem placed in front of the entrance so the player can choose which path they wish to take. 

A difficulty I have found while designing this is the terrain size. As I did not make the terrain smaller when first creating the atmosphere it is now quite big. While editing I found it is difficult to place objects and create the surroundings with such a massive terrain. However, to solve this problem I have created a smaller terrain and fenced off the area that goes beyond where I want the player to go.

By doing so I have made the area smaller so the player won't get lost and will be able to walk around the area and explore more rather than have a big area of basic assets. I plan to finish the boulder and mountain area and then start on the timer as well as make a start on the night version.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ingrida,

    I’m glad to see that you’re getting on well with your game its good to see that all is going according to plan. Your game seems quite simple and easy to understand so far and I can’t wait to see where you go with it next. I can see how you would make your environment too big at the beginning especially if you were following along with the Jimmy Vegas tutorials as he does make his starting terrain very large. However its good to see that you came up with a good solution to this problem. Fencing off the areas you don't want the player to go is a great idea. Cant wait to see the finished game.

    -Casper :)

    ReplyDelete