Tuesday 12 November 2019

Week 9 Reading and Writing

Looking Back:

The reading and writing assignments are working well for me. Even though I am not a talented writer I still enjoying writing about my thoughts on the weeks reading requirements but I do take longer to read the articles and write up the blogs than it states. My favorite reading so far has been about Growth Mindset. It was something I had never heard of before and I believe it really has changed my view on how one can change their education through Growth Mindset. I have been applying it to college as working with Unity has been tough yet I know I will eventually build a working game I'm proud of. I am quite happy with my game project. Even though the readings have not helped me a lot with building my game I do think they are essential notes to read and know even if you do not apply all advice and notes to your own game. I consider building a game in unity my biggest accomplishment for this class. I am struggling currently and will continue to struggle with Unity so when I finish my game I know I will feel very proud of myself.

Image:

Sims Image from Previous Blog Post (Source).

I have chosen this image because it was from my first post on my game idea. It reminds me of how far I have come with planning my own game plus how my game ideas have changed. I also like this image because it shows frustration (something I feel quite a lot when working with Unity) and complicated structures that reminds me of how complicated Unity is as well as how complicated it is to create a game. Working with Unity has made me realise how difficult it is to make video games. I admire people who work restlessly trying to create video games as it takes a lot of patience (something I really, really don't have), hard work and practice. 

Looking forward:

I think I am doing quite well in the reading/writing experience in this module. It is something I quite enjoy and find easy to do. It has helped me become a faster reading but also learn how to power read through big chunks of text as some articles are quite long and tedious to read. I look forward to reading and writing more blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment