Friday 14 February 2020

Reading 3

I have come to learn that my learning style is passive reading. I used this method when doing my researching on my topics. When I started doing research it was difficult to find articles and sources that linked to my chosen topic, as quite a lot of it overlapped with the topics other students had chosen and not so much on my own chosen topic.

I had to learn about core mechanics to better understand the topic as a whole. I found a great article on the topic. In this article, on chapter 14 we are told all about the core mechanics of a video game.

What are the core mechanics? (Source)

I skimmed the article to help me better understand the core mechanics then followed with highlighting the keywords and paragraphs that would help me with my research for my own topic.

The three-pass method is then used to help extract the information that is relevant to you. If you are to read the article three times throughly you will be able to identify different questions and have more information at hand to help you with your research. 

You need to make sure to highlight and copy any quotations, while keeping the source, so that you are able to collect relevant information. This will help you in the future when you are writing your own article about the topic.

1 comment:

  1. How do I make money from playing the NFL? - Work-Toms
    There is no way you can guarantee งานออนไลน์ the right 바카라 amount to start from $10 to $100 with this option. The NFL does 바카라사이트 not allow a max cashout amount to

    ReplyDelete